Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

sleepymazza
#1 Posted : 17 February 2007 18:47:27(UTC)
sleepymazza

Hello everyone

Hope you are all as well as possible for today....

I am being tested for bronchiectasis . Does anyone have it? What has your experience of it been like? Is it true that once it is treated, your asthma can be better controlled?

All info and input gratefully accepted.

Thanks in advance,
Maz
xxxxx
wheezyab
#2 Posted : 17 February 2007 19:47:25(UTC)
wheezyab

Your best bet to ask is TKS but at the mo she pooly, but as soon as she bounces back im sure she will be in touch with some advice.
Andrea xx
Tas
#3 Posted : 17 February 2007 20:18:18(UTC)
Tas

Hi Mazz

I'm under infestigation for broncheictasis had ct scan and other tests after spending 3 weeks in costa in january with a lung infection I'm currently on antibi's for 4 months althou I couldnt have the Azithromycin that my consultant wanted me to have cause im alergic to that family of antibi's Azithro is the one they normally to use to treat bronc Ive only just started the antib's so dont no if your asthma comes better controlled yet but mine is really bad at the mo I'm on no end of meds for it. hope this helps

Can anyone tell me does or can uniphillin cause assesive tiredness all i want to do is sleep I had 8 days on aminophillin when in costa and then put on uniphillin which ive never had before anyone any ideas or is it the fact im still getting over the infection still

Take care

Tas
speedy
#4 Posted : 17 February 2007 20:33:54(UTC)
speedy

I have it and was for a long time mistaken as having severe asthma symptoms. Once they discovered the infections and got things under control with azithromycin it did make a huge difference.
Things have deteriorated slightly for me and now I use inhaled antibs as well as prophylactic azithromycin and have to take others when things flare up.

The key thing is to keep the lungs clear of gunk using physio and breathing exercises which you should be shown and keeping inflammation down which azith is good for as well as the antib side of it.

Ashtma can be better controlled because you are treating an underlying problem so it cuts down the aggravation and trigger for asthma
Julie (its my name)
#5 Posted : 17 February 2007 23:52:42(UTC)
Julie (its my name)

Hi
I may have it! Will not know until i have had my CT scan. I need to call the hospital on Monday to arrange an appointment.
Julie X
sleepymazza
#6 Posted : 19 February 2007 11:56:51(UTC)
sleepymazza

Thanks everyone, that info is very useful. I have my high res CT scan next Saturday (I know, that's a bit weird - think it must be about getting the waiting lists down). I'm awaiting appointment for spirometry tests. And then going back to see the cons in 6 weeks....so all will be revealed. It's funny how Tas and Julie and I are all under investigation for the same thing - it'll be interesting to see what happens to the three of us.
xxxxxx